Thursday, August 31, 2006

Calla Lily Socks, Start to Finish

I was so excited to see this beautiful package arrive in June. Sundara pays attention to every detail. The yarn wound up enticingly, and pretty soon, I had a finished pair of socks! I can't wait to get started on the next pair....






I decided to knit the pattern exactly as presented in order to try some new techniques. I really like this heel - it seems to cup my heel better than a standard heel flap. I love the way the purl seam stitch continues down the heel flap. And I think I like the star toe (am reserving final decision until I wear these).

I don't love the reverse stockinette cuff-ette, though - it is tight and tends to roll. I think I will add some ribbing to my next Petals socks even though the pattern does not call for it. Does anyone else have ideas about the cuff?

3 Comments:

Blogger KarenK said...

It's not too late to add a cuff to your Calla Lilies! It does involve surgery, though, which means snipping into and removing that first cast-on row, picking up the loose stitches on a smaller needle, then knitting a ribbed cuff, making it as long as you wish.

4:17 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

I like your "presentation" of the project. cute. I don't mind the roll, its a look.
:-)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Karen. I think I'll wear the socks a few times before making the final call on whether to do surgery. I haven't done it before and am a little nervous. But you're right, it should be possible, and the "jog" shouldn't be noticeable, either. I just may do it!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home