Monday, July 02, 2007

several inches forward, most of those inches back...


I was knitting along on Dahlia last night when it occurred to me that my sock wasn't looking much like Kristy's or the sock in the photo on the pattern. I had made my working photocopy right when the kit arrived and clipped the pages together. I forgot to review the pattern before I began knitting the sock recently, a mistake that caused me to keep repeating rounds 1-7 when page 3 of the pattern clearly states "Rounds 3-8 form the pattern". I plead temporary insanity and overly zealous clipping together of patterns and have ripped back to my first round7. And now, to knit that elusive round 8. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Doh!
I tend not to read ahead; I'm a step by step girl. I find myself in similar situations when patterns state "do xy and z 10 times. At the same time do a and b every alternate row". I only get as far as reading the xyz part and then when I'm ready to move onto the next piece... harrumph! ;o)

6:23 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh ya, I hate when I do that. Thanks for the warning!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home