Thursday, September 28, 2006

Hydrangea Socks - Ready to Rip

Thank you all for your helpful comments! I think I'm ready to rip and reknit now. I'll go up to size 1 (or maybe even 2) needles for the leg, and back down to 0s for the foot.

Someone mentioned she's knitting with KnitPicks circulars - so am I. I really love these needles! The join is as smooth as the Addi Turbo join, but the cable is better (it has NO memory whatsoever) and the tips are pointier (very helpful for the PSSOs in this pattern). And at $5 each, what do you have to lose?

I think I'll begin knitting from the other skein before ripping this sock back:


You can see I decided to add some 2x2 ribbing at the top.

It may take me a while to get back to these. I cast on for another pair of very autumnal socks, and since the leaves are starting to turn where I live, I want to finish them and wear them.

Happy knitting, everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger knitbysue said...

I've been knitting mine on size 1 Addi Turbos and just ordered some Knitpicks classic circs in sizes 0, 1 and 2. I was thinking the I would like the pattern's K2tog better with Knitpicks circs. I'm knitting a shawl on size 3 Knitpicks classic circs and love them for lace work for the reasons you mentioned. And I put the Options set on my Christmas list :)
Good luck on your redo of your Hydrangea socks.

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm another knitpicks circs convert - they're great. I also love the hydrangea yarn striping on your socks. (Haven't started mine yet...) Sorry you have to rework them!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home